Hometown News Release Program
Fort Sam Houston personnel who want to share news of their accomplishments and achievements with Family members and friends back home can participate in the Army and Air Force Hometown News Program.
The Hometown News Release Program is administered by the Fort Sam Houston Public Affairs office and is designed to help Soldiers highlight their accomplishments in their hometown newspapers.
Whether you are active duty, reservist, Guard or a Department of Defense civilian you can fill out the hometown news release, the Department of Defense Form 2266 and forward it to the Public Affairs Office. The Public Affairs office will then forward the form to the Air Force News Service Agency for distribution toevery media outlet within a 50-mile radius of the zip code that you specify on your form.Basic Training
- Exercises (attach a cover release with forms)
- Awards & Decorations
- Promotions, exercises, awards and decorations Army
- Expert Infantry Badge
- Expert Field Medical Badge
- Combat Infantry Badge
- All joint service awards
- Soldier/NCO/Officer/Civilian of the Quarter and Year
- Arrivals and Appointments/Changes of Command
- Delayed Enlistment Program
Make sure you use PAO code 816.